Listen for the Village of Freeport Sirens
Sirens are sounded for 3 reasons:
- Testing: Every Saturday, at noon
- Possible Emergency Situation: At the top of each hour notifying residents that a possible emergency situation is at hand that could impact them. They should turn on their local radio or TV stations for important instructions or call the Freeport Emergency Management Teams Emergency Hotline for information at 516-377-2400. Tune to WPYB 1690 AM Freeport's Emergency Management Radio Station for instructions and updates from the Freeport OEM.
- Evacuation: Every 15 minutes notifying residents that there is an evacuation in progress for all, or part of Freeport.
Emergency Notification Information
- The sirens can be used for any emergency situation that threatens village residents where immediate notification is necessary. I.E. hazardous material spill, water emergency, etc.
- Tune to WPYB 1690 AM Freeport's Emergency Management Radio Station for instructions and updates from the Freeport OEM.