The Village of Freeport Absentee Ballot Application that is available on the Village Website is to be used for the Freeport Village Election only. The Board of Elections provides Absentee Ballot Applications for County, State, and National Elections.
Please contact the Board of Elections at 516-271-5411 or visit the Board of Elections website to obtain an absentee ballot application.
The Village Clerk is the records management officer for the Village of Freeport, responsible for the filing and retention of village documents, including Board of Trustees minutes, Zoning Board of Appeals minutes, Planning Board minutes, and Site Plan Review Board minutes, as well as the minutes for the various boards and commissions of the village.
The Clerk's Office issues permits and licenses for:
Licenses & Applications
- Auctioneer's license (PDF)
- Business license: cabaret, food and drink, public assembly license (PDF)
- Electrician Master Application (application forms available in the office or by mail)
- Gardeners & Landscapers license (PDF)
- Hawker & Peddler License (PDF)
- Plumbers Licence Application (application forms available in the office or by mail)
- Second-hand dealer's license (PDF)
- Sidewalk contractor's license (PDF)
- Taxicab driver's license (PDF)
- Taxicab medallion (PDF)
The above licenses and/or permits require the completion of an application and payment of a fee. Please check with the Clerk's Office for the appropriate fee.
- Instructions for filing an application—Site Plan Review Board (PDF)
- Boards and Commissions (PDF)
- Standard Workday Resolution (PDF)
- Applications for the Zoning Board of Appeals and for the Site Plan Review Board are submitted to the Village Clerk's office. All applications for proposed work must start in the Building Department
- An Application to Subdivide Property can be obtained from the Clerk's Office
In addition, under the Freedom of Information Law, the Clerk's Office processes all requests for village documents.
Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Requests
Inc. Village of Freeport
46 N. Ocean Avenue
Freeport, NY 11520
The Registrar's Office issues certified copies of Birth Certificates (PDF) and Death Certificates (PDF) for persons who were born and/or died within the Village of Freeport. A New York State Department of Health application form must be completed and proper photo identification must be submitted to obtain these records. There is a $10 fee for each certified copy of either a birth certificate or death certificate. The Registrar also issues burial/transfer permits to funeral directors.
Marriage licenses can be obtained from the Town of Hempstead. Freeport does not issue marriage licenses.